UC2B NFP seeks applications for a temporary Desktop Support Office Assistant. Please see full description below. Resume and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com no later than 12:00PM Central Time, Wednesday, January 8th, 2014.
Essential Functions of the Job:
Desktop Support Office Assistant provides phone support for customers on the UC2B network and provides administrative support to technical and managerial staff. Responsible for managing customer trouble tickets, handling inbound and outbound customer calls, performing troubleshooting and resolving issues over the phone, and clearly documenting customer cases. Works independently to resolve and escalate customer issues when necessary. Must be able to work in fast-paced environment and exhibit strong critical thinking skills with minimal oversight.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform basic clerical tasks including but not limited to filing, transcribing, scheduling meetings, fielding phone calls
• Provide phone support for customer issues
• Troubleshoot UC2B equipment including fiber connections, ethernet connections, ONTs, routers
• Determine whether customer issues are caused by on-premise equipment or a larger network issue
• Work with high level technical support staff to report off-premise network issues
• Provide clear documentation of issues found and troubleshooting steps taken
• Perform various clerical and data entry tasks as necessary
• Respond to customer billing inquiries and answer general questions about UC2B
• Minimum 1 year in a customer service position
• Basic familiarity with home Internet and networking equipment
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Detail-oriented and capable of keeping meticulous records
• Ability to think critically and quickly to solve customer issues over the phone
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be flexible and capable of multi-tasking
• Strong capacity for self-motivation, to work independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Submission and approval of criminal background check
• Demonstrated ability to be punctual and dependable
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UC2B is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The following locations offer free Internet access and assistance: the Urbana Free Library, the Champaign Public Library, the Illinois WorkNet Center, and the Parkland College Career Center.